We recommend you set up an online giving page with us. It’s just like paper sponsorship forms except they’re online. It’s simple – just personalise your page with a photo and message and share the web address with all your contacts.
Friends, family, work colleagues and anyone else, from anywhere in the world, can then make a donation using your page. You can also link your online fundraising page to your Facebook or Twitter pages to expand your reach.
Why fundraise online:
- It’s easy to set up and manage.
- You don’t need to spend time collecting money.
- You can show your sponsorship target and progress and update it with any offline donations that you receive to show your overall sponsorship raised.
- You can customise your page; for example, include a photo of yourself, Home-Start UK’s YouTube videos about our work and a personal message from you.
- Arrange for an automated and personal ‘thank you’ message to be sent to all your supporters.
- You can share information about Home-Start’s work and how their donations can make a difference.
- You can email a link to your page to all your friends, family and colleagues.
- You can share your page on Facebook and Twitter.
- You can use it as well regular donation forms, giving friends and family two ways to support you.
- Donations can be GiftAided for us. It won’t cost you or your sponsors a penny. And it which makes a huge difference to the total you raise (25% more).
If you prefer, you can set up a page with Justgiving or Virgin Money Giving. People can sponsor you and donations will be quickly processed and passed on to us. Both are not for profit organisations and will automatically claim at least 25% in Gift Aid on their donation at no additional cost to them or you.
Before you start, it’s important for you to know that our network is made up of Home-Start UK and many hundreds of local Home-Starts. Each is listed with the Charity Commission as a separate charity and each raises funds independently for its own work.
So when you set up your online giving page, please take extra care that you have set it up for the right bit of Home-Start. If you want to raise money for your local Home-Start, please contact them direct to get the details of how. To set up a page for Home-Start UK, use this link for JustGiving or this one for VirginMoney Giving.
Or, even better, you can set up your own fundraising page on this website. All the funds raised here will support Home-Start UK’s work with children and families across the whole of the UK.