We believe that talking to a person is one of the best ways of finding out about our service, or of raising any concerns. So in most cases we recommend that you speak to staff at your local Home-Start if there is anything you want to know.
But here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about our service:
We’d love to be able to help absolutely everyone who asks, but we are a charity and sometimes we just can’t.
We won’t be able to help:
- if all our volunteers are already supporting other families,
- if there is not enough funding to train more volunteers,
- if you have a very complex set of problems and we don’t have a really experienced volunteer available,
- if you need more support than our befriending volunteers can give – in which case we’ll always recommend other kinds of support for you, and put you in touch if we can,
- if there is some reason our volunteer would not be safe supporting you.